Join us on February 25, 2021 from 2-3pm CT for this live webinar presented by Joan Miravite, DNP RN FNP-BC.
Participants can receive 1 CE credit for attending the webinar and completing the evaluation. This recording for this webinar will be available for free after the live webinar.
1. Define therapeutic goals of DBS for patients with movement disorders
2. Summarize objectives of pre-operative DBS patient education
3. Identify appropriate candidates for DBS
4. Recognize post-operative nursing care priorities, including monitoring for seizures or stroke, bleeding, infection and resuming meds
5. Describe realistic post-operative expectations for patients with DBS
6. Examine DBS management considerations, including medication changes and programming adjustments