AANN is seeking speakers to present a virtual review course before the May 2021 SCRN window.
- Develop and Present an 8 hour virtual review course developed from AANN Comprehensive Review for Stroke Nursing, 2nd edition book, and ABNN’s detailed content outline (can be found on page 14 of the candidate handbook https://abnncertification.org/uploads/SCRN/ABNN%202020%20SCRN%20Handbook%20Final.pdf )
- Ensure that the material is up to date and meets the highest quality professional standards
- Provide a planning table, learning outcomes, and agenda to AANN staff for CE application.
- Work with AANN staff to schedule the virtual review course and participate in a practice session.
- Create and provide handouts for session attendees.
Preferred candidates will be AANN members with previous experience and will possess these qualifications:
- Stroke subject matter experts
- At least 3 years of experience in neuroscience nursing
- Previous experience developing and presenting an SCRN review course
- Can commit to the time required to successfully complete the project
- A passion to advance the science and practice of neuroscience nursing
Term of the Commitment
- (TBD) Development of slide deck, presentation and handouts
- 2-3 hours – planning table, practice session
- 8 -9 hours – virtual presentation
Please submit the following:
- A short statement (1-2 paragraphs) of interest that addresses the reasons you would like to be considered and specifies your areas of interest and special expertise.
- Complete conflict of interest form (click here to download)
- Any expected honorarium
- Pass rate from previous courses you have taught if available
- An outline or slide deck from previous review courses.
- A current condensed curriculum vitae that includes only:
- your current position and title, with your contact information
- the professional organizations in which you hold membership
- the number of years you have worked in neuroscience nursing
- the dates and titles of all review courses you have given
- a bibliography of articles, book chapters, and books you have published in the past 10 years
- the titles and dates of no more than 5 lectures or presentations you have given (if you have given more than 5 presentations, select the top 5 in the field of neuroscience)
Any questions? Contact Rita Wirth at email@example.com. Applications are due on or before March 1, 2021.
Successful applicants will be notified directly by e-mail.