The AANN is seeking 2 volunteers for the Diversity & Inclusion Committee
The Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) Committee leads diversity and inclusion activities based on the mission of AANN. The primary activity of the committee is to advise the board of directors on policy and education related to D&I. Additional activities include infusing D&I into the work of the association, identifying opportunities to support the development of diverse nurses, and promoting D&I activities.
Preferred candidates will be AANN members and will possess these qualifications:
- A passion to advance diversity and inclusion in neuroscience nursing
- The ability to write and communicate clearly
- The ability to meet deadlines
- Can commit to the time required
This is a 2 year appointed term.
Anticipated Time Commitment
Participate in 6-10 committee conference calls throughout the year, individual or small group work on committee projects.
Please prepare a current condensed curriculum vitae includes only (1) your current position and title, with your contact information, (2) the professional organizations in which you hold membership, (3) the number of years you have worked in neuroscience nursing, (4) a bibliography of articles, book chapters, and books you have published in the past 10 years, and (5) the titles and dates of no more than 5 lectures or presentations you have given (if you have given more than 5 presentations, select the top 5 in the field of neuroscience).
Applicants will also answer 2 short questions:
- What interests you about the Diversity & Inclusion Committee?
- Please describe the knowledge, skill, or experience you hope to contribute to the D&I committee.