AANN Volunteer Opportunity: Evidence-based review for clinical practice on Intracranial Pressure Monitoring
AANN is looking for volunteers to update “Care of the Patient Undergoing Intracranial Pressure Monitoring (ICP)/External Ventricular Drainage or Lumbar Drainage” as an evidence-based review for clinical practice. This document will review nursing literature on ICP, PBO2 monitoring, and BISS monitoring.
We are looking for a chair to serve as project lead, content authors (2-3), reviewers (3), and one author without publication experience or advanced degree to mentor through the process. All work will be supported and guided by the AANN CPG Editorial Board Liaison and the CPG Editor.
- Current AANN member
- Subject matter expertise and active practice in ICP, PBO2 monitoring, and BISS monitoring.
- Experience in systematic literature reviews
- The ability to write and communicate clearly
- The ability to meet deadlines
- The ability to commit to the time required to successfully complete the revision:
- Chair and authors: approximately 18 months (weekly/monthly phone calls depending on the project timeline, independent work)
- Reviewers: approximately 1-3 months.
If you are interested in working on this project, please upload a condensed CV and personal statement by Monday, August 26, 2019.
A condensed CV or resume should include the following:
- Name and credentials
- E-Mail address
- Phone number
- Professional and volunteer experience with ICP, PBO2 monitoring, and BISS monitoring
- Your past experience writing and/or reviewing a clinical practice guideline or literature review
- Any other publication credits
- History of volunteer experience with AANN
The personal statement should outline previous clinical and writing experiences pertaining to the revision of this document, and reason(s) for your interest in participation.
If you need assistance please contact Anne Gramiak at firstname.lastname@example.org.