Agnes Marshall Walker Foundation (AMWF) Candidate Guidelines For 2022 Director-at-Large Appointments
Individuals who serve on the BOD volunteer their personal time and effort into advancing the goals and objectives of AMWF. The candidate guidelines booklet will help to inform you of those responsibilities.
General Responsibilities - The general responsibilities of the Directors-at-Large are the following:
- Attends all Board meetings and actively participates in the discussion and decision-making process at the meetings
- Supports and upholds the decisions of the Board
- Maintains the confidentiality of all matters pertaining to AMWF
- Copies all correspondence relative to AMWF matters to the President of the Board and the AMWF Executive Director
- Answers all correspondence in a timely manner and maintains a record of such correspondence
- Informs the senior staff of changes in address, telephone number, fax number, e-mail address, or other contact information
- In conjunction with senior staff ensure assigned projects/activities stay within the approved budget
- Submits reimbursement forms and receipts in a timely manner, i.e., within thirty (30) days of expenditure
- Completes assigned tasks in a cost-effective, efficient manner
- Orients the successor to the position
- Completes the Conflict of Interest annually
- Completes the full term of office
Estimated Time Commitments
Time commitments vary according to time of year and project responsibility. Travel to the annual educational meeting and attendance at a minimum of two additional board meetings is required. Failure to attend any/or all AMWF board meetings or events may result in removal from the board. In addition to attending the Board meetings, which includes submitting and reviewing agenda materials, the candidate may assume the time commitment will be between 5 and 10 hours per year.
One Director-at-Large position is open for the 2022 appointment. Candidates must submit a typed, completed application. The application includes one (1) letter of reference, and a completed Code of Conduct and Disclosure Form and Conflict of Interest form.
Applications must be submitted electronically by December 15, 2021. Completed applications can be emailed to Joey Maginot, Operations Manager, at email@example.com.
Qualified candidates will be interviewed once all applications have been reviewed. If you have any questions, please contact AMWF at 888.557.2266 or 847.375.4804.