AANN is seeking volunteers to serve as reviewers for the seventh edition of its Core Curriculum. Reviewers will critique the revised and updated chapters and offer suggestions for improved clarity and coverage of the relevant science. The work will entail participation in e-mail conversations and, on rare occasions as necessary, conference calls.
Preferred candidates will be AANN members with previous writing experience and will possess these qualifications:
Term of the Commitment
- A bachelor’s degree in nursing (graduate degree preferred)
- At least 3 years of experience in neuroscience nursing
- The ability to write and communicate clearly
- The ability to meet deadlines
- A passion to advance the science and practice of neuroscience nursing.
Reviewers will participate in a kick off conference call in late September and chapter reviews are tentatively scheduled to occur in early Spring 2020.
1. Prepare the following:
- A short statement (1-2 paragraphs) of interest that specifies your areas of interest and special expertise as well as the reasons you would like to be considered.
- A current condensed curriculum vitae that includes only (1) your credentials, current employer and title, and your contact information, (2) the professional organizations in which you hold membership, (3) the number of years you have worked in neuroscience nursing, (4) a bibliography of articles, book chapters, and books you have published in the past 10 years, and (5) the titles and dates of no more than 5 lectures or presentations you have given (if you have given more than 5 presentations, select the top 5 in the field of neuroscience).
2. AANN members log in to the NeuroNetwork
3. Click "Apply Today" at the top of this announcement. Upload the statement of interest and condensed CV files.
4. Click "Submit" to complete the application.
Applications should be submitted Friday, September 20, 2019. If you have any questions, please contact Anne Gramiak at email@example.com.